The sea / beach
The Costa da Prata, also known as 'Silver Coast', is located only 10 minutes by car from the villa. The Silver Coast stretches from Espinho in the north to the south of Ericeira. This is a very diverse area: cliffs alternate with sandy beaches and nature.
Sao Martinho do Porto (10 km): is a charming seaside town. On the promenade you will find numerous bars and restaurants. This bay is a shell-shaped lagoon that is connected to the ocean. Along the bay you will find hills, dunes and a beautiful silver sand beach. The wide beach is a paradise for children. You can take a 45 minute walk to the village of Salir do Porto along the dunes or through the surf.
Nazaré (10 km): formerly it was a picturesque fishing village. By now it has become the most popular resort on the Costa da Prata. Nazare has many assets: a very wide beach, a harbour with colourful boats, a beautiful boulevard and pleasant restaurants. The old town of Nazaré, O Sitio is situated on a rock. You will find a beautiful chapel with typical Portuguese azulejos and a special square. The best way to get here is by rack-railway. The view above is breathtaking.
Train: São Martinho do Porto (10km)
Motorway: A8 Lisbon (8 km)
Beach near: Playa Salgado (8 km)
Local services and businesses:
- Local convenience store: Pinhal Fanheiro (within walking distance)
- Intermarché: Alcobaça - São Marthino do Porto - Nazaré
- ATM / banking: Alcobaça - São Marthino do Porto - Nazaré
- Gas station with café: Pinhal Fanheiro (0.5 miles)
- Coffee shop, bar, pub: Pinhal Fanheiro (0.5 miles)
- Restaurant: Many restaurants in Alcobaça - Sao Martino do Porto - Nazaré